small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
09 Dec 2007, 20:50
Skyblaze (16 posts)

i purchased the beta and i think you should add a recipe that deals with the creation of a form (and its relative action code) that handles the creation and edit of two or more model objects and also the possibility to add and remove “secondary” model objects on the fly with javascript maybe.

Mike-120_pragsmall
10 Dec 2007, 14:02
Mike Clark (51 posts)

Thanks, it’s already been written and will be included in the next version of the beta.

Generic-user-small
17 Dec 2007, 17:58
Skyblaze (16 posts)

it covers CRDUD operations on multi model forms? Any number of related models and with variable numbers of each?

Generic-user-small
22 Dec 2007, 17:21
Skyblaze (16 posts)

i would add also a recipe on how to use rails to develop a static only or static and dynamic site using obviously the cache. Then i would like to see also some talk about clean urls.

Package_pragsmall
31 Dec 2007, 01:50
Matthew Kennedy (3 posts)

Does this book or the previous book set about image handling and how best to deal with file uploading / image uploading? i would be very interested in that!

Mike-120_pragsmall
02 Jan 2008, 20:33
Mike Clark (51 posts)

Skyblaze: Yup, the latest beta (now available) includes a multi-model form that uses AJAX to add/remove secondary objects. Ryan Bates contributed this recipe, and did a great job.

Matthew: The latest beta includes a recipe for using attachment_fu to upload images and generate thumbnails on the fly.

Wallace2_pragsmall
02 Jan 2008, 21:53
Mike Mondragon (3 posts)

I just had the gerbils generate the latest PDF for me. I’m not seeing Luke Francl’s recipe even though Mike’s blog post shows that Luke’s recipe is in the latest version. Should I have the gerbils regenerate the PDF again?

Mike-120_pragsmall
02 Jan 2008, 22:13
Mike Clark (51 posts)

Sorry ‘bout that. There was a lag with the PDF upload process. You should be able to regenerate it again now.

Package_pragsmall
02 Jan 2008, 22:27
Matthew Kennedy (3 posts)

Thanks Mike, think i’ll get me a copy asap!

Generic-user-small
11 Mar 2008, 20:36
Jean-Charles Carelli (1 post)

A more in depth look at ActsAsFerret. The current chapter installs the gem / plugin and says hello world. It would be great to cover some of the topics below. This information is out there via the docs, forums, and blogs. But the advanced rails recipes should have some advanced ferret examples.

• Multi Model Search
  • Advanced query syntax examples ( both SQL/ActiveRecord and Lucene )
  • Using ‘more like this’ and find_with_ferret
  • Stop Words
  • Analyzers

It would change the scope of the book to include all of these topics. But please consider including a few.

Thanks!

You must be logged in to comment