small medium large xlarge

Wind_turbine-sq_pragsmall
11 Apr 2008, 22:51
Tom Harrison (2 posts)

I have been reading along as each new version comes out. It’s a little freaky how new chapters keep getting added that provide recipes for … exactly what I need to do at the current moment.

I have used probably 5 of them so far, and just looked at the current drop and compare to my task list for projects I am doing for my company, and whatdyaknow, several of them are in the book.

In a world of partially documented, outdated, kinda, sorta almost tells most of the story Rails, it’s worth every penny to get the whole solution.

Having said that, there’s no way you could ever put a stake in the ground and say “it’s done!” – why not offer a subscription to a book that simply promises to add new, relevant recipes and get rid of the old ones that have been incorporated into the framework, or are deprecated, or whatever.

I spent several hours yesterday trying to get an RSS feed working on my site. Try Goolging “rails rss feed” - several reasonable, if incomplete solutions from 2006 blog show some of what to do. A post on the rails group got me several other answers. But it turns out I just needed the Atom Feed Helper that came out in Rails 2.0. 12 minutes later, I had my feed live – all the time was in the first two hours of looking!

Anyway, thank you for writing this book.

Tom

Mike-120_pragsmall
11 Apr 2008, 23:55
Mike Clark (51 posts)

Thanks a bunch, Tom! I can’t tell you how humbling that is to hear. I’m very glad that the book’s been helpful for you.

You must be logged in to comment