small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
20 Oct 2016, 19:11
Karen Labenz (4 posts)

at localhost:5000

Webpack::Rails::Manifest::WebpackError in Dashboard#index
Showing /Users/karenlabenz/Developer/shine/app/views/layouts/application.html.erb where line #9 raised:

Error in webpack compile, details follow below:
Entry module not found: Error: Cannot resolve 'file' or 'directory' ./webpack/application.js in /Users/karenlabenz/Developer/shine
resolve directory
  /Users/karenlabenz/Developer/shine/webpack/application.js is not a directory (directory default file)
  /Users/karenlabenz/Developer/shine/webpack/application.js/package.json doesn't exist (directory description file)
resolve file
  /Users/karenlabenz/Developer/shine/webpack/application.js.webpack.js doesn't exist
  /Users/karenlabenz/Developer/shine/webpack/application.js.web.js doesn't exist
  /Users/karenlabenz/Developer/shine/webpack/application.js.js doesn't exist
  /Users/karenlabenz/Developer/shine/webpack/application.js.json doesn't exist
  resolve result /Users/karenlabenz/Developer/shine/webpack/application.js
  /Users/karenlabenz/Developer/shine/package.json (directory description file): SyntaxError: Unexpected string

Any ideas?

Generic-user-small
20 Oct 2016, 23:24
Arman Jon Villalobos (6 posts)

I think you missed the command to generate webpack directory within your rails app. You should have gem 'webpack-rails' in your Gemfile and run bundle exec rails generate webpack_rails:install Then you should have webpack/application.js on your rails app directory.

Dmfcb_pragsmall
21 Oct 2016, 01:23
David Copeland (476 posts)

Oh, I got confused by both of you having the same avatar.

To the OP: did you run the generator per instructions on page 9?

If you did, can you see if webpack/application.js does exist? If not, can you copy the one from the code samples and try again?

Dmfcb_pragsmall
21 Oct 2016, 01:26
David Copeland (476 posts)

It says to do just that on Page 9…that’s the command that installs foreman. Did you see a reference to doing foreman start before page 9?

Generic-user-small
22 Oct 2016, 00:49
Karen Labenz (4 posts)

I might have missed the step on page 9. Seems to be working now. Thanks so much!

You must be logged in to comment