small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
06 Mar 2017, 04:01
Nate G. Iven (4 posts)

I cringe as I ask this, and really would like to avoid ruffling anybody’s feathers. But the Pragmatic Programmers web page for this book still says “The Paper Book will ship on 2017-04-15 (roughly).” Is there an update for that piece of info?

Dmfcb_pragsmall
06 Mar 2017, 13:26
David Copeland (391 posts)

That is still the date AFAIK. The book has just completed copyediting and should be onto typesetting, after which it will be done and off to print. The process of getting a book from idea to printed pages is surprisingly long :)

Generic-user-small
06 Mar 2017, 17:21
Nate G. Iven (4 posts)

That’s great! I’m looking forward to getting it. Thanks for the reply. And I can sympathize with your comment about how much work is involved in getting a book published (I once gave up on one and returned my advance check). I’d say that there’s even more involved in writing a book like this one than is usually the case. You are to be commended for doing it.

Dmfcb_pragsmall
06 Mar 2017, 19:49
David Copeland (391 posts)

Thanks! It does take longer to write than to copyedit, but the copyediting and indexing and typesetting are super important to making it useful, so I’m happy to wait…as long the JavaScript ecosystem stays somewhat stable : )

You must be logged in to comment