small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
20 Sep 2017, 13:42
Håkon Rossebø (4 posts)

I know this book is in beta and I’m sure the code samples will be complete when finished. My thoughts after reading through the book is that it would be helpful to take a break from reading and actually play with the code after reading a chapter - to have a pointer to some code examples for each chapter where you could play with the code in fsi. I don’t mean any more code in the book, just a pointer to some chapter code with a readme.

Anyway, this is just an impression - I’m sure you have this covered when finished :)

Generic-user-small
20 Sep 2017, 15:28
Scott Wlaschin (34 posts)

Good idea, thanks! I’m in the process of finalizing the code samples now, plus there will be a complete app to play with as well!

Generic-user-small
09 Oct 2017, 19:24
Irfan Charania (4 posts)

A complete app would be fantastic! :)

Generic-user-small
23 Nov 2017, 22:24
Scott Hutchinson (1 post)

@Scott W I just posted the build errors in the Example Code as Errata for the book. There are some obvious typos, but I can’t yet figure out how to fix all the errors. Thanks

Generic-user-small
23 Nov 2017, 22:47

Yes, sorry, the sample code is not yet complete as I was rushing to get the book finished. And the book is now in the production process so I can’t touch the repo until that has finished.

I’ll have a look at those errors though, and get back to you.

Thanks!

Generic-user-small
08 Feb 2018, 20:48
Frank Lideros (1 post)

When will there be working source code available?

Generic-user-small
09 Feb 2018, 17:50

Hi everyone, sorry that there are some issues. I’ll try to get everything fixed up within the next week or so, and I’ll post back on here when I’m done. Thanks!

Generic-user-small
19 Feb 2018, 09:40
Felicien (3 posts)

Hello Scott,

First I would like to say a big thank you for the wonderful work you have put into your book. You really did take DDD to another level. I came across DDD 2 years ago and I thought it changed the way I perceived the whole software industry. However, Functional programming was a bigger revelation and I simply fell in love with it. Since then, I have been reading any functional programming related book that falls into my hands and enjoying it. In fact, I am totally switching from Object Oriented to Functional Programming world

I am almost done reading your book and I would very much like to play with working code. Any update on when you will fix the error mentioned in the previous comments?

Sorry for typos - I am not a native English speaker :)

Generic-user-small
20 Feb 2018, 05:19
Kirsten Greed (1 post)

Hi, I enjoyed the book, just checking back about the source code. .. looking forward to it.

Generic-user-small
11 Mar 2018, 19:09
THIBAUT (2 posts)

Thank you for this interesting book. In the .mobi release the code excerpts are not indented properly, which makes code difficult to read.

Generic-user-small
17 Mar 2018, 04:46
Felicien (3 posts)

Good morning Scott! I would really appreciate if you could give some update on the source code errors fixing. Thanks,

Generic-user-small
17 Mar 2018, 11:12

Sorry! I have been super busy for the last month. I’ll look at it ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Generic-user-small
27 Mar 2018, 12:29

Hi everyone, you’ll be glad to know that the code samples are fixed and will deployed to the PragProg site shortly.

Also, I have created a Github project with extended samples related to the book. You can see it here: https://github.com/swlaschin/DomainModelingMadeFunctional

Thanks for your patience!

Generic-user-small
27 Mar 2018, 18:32
Felicien (3 posts)

Thank you very much! I truly appreciate.

You must be logged in to comment