first I should say I have not tried to repeat this… it would mean starting over at the creation of depot. up to this point I used all update url documents referenced in the book vs typing them in.
the books says: “No tests fail, but a peek into our log/test.log reveals a thwarted attempt to breach security”
however rails test:controllers resulted in:
Run options: –seed 20138
Failure: CartsControllerTest#test_should_destroy_cart [/some_more_directories_here/depot/test/controllers/carts_controller_test.rb:42]: “Cart.count” didn’t change by -1. Expected: 1 Actual: 2
bin/rails test test/controllers/carts_controller_test.rb:41
Finished in 0.553561s, 41.5492 runs/s, 61.4205 assertions/s. 23 runs, 34 assertions, 1 failures, 0 errors, 0 skips
this lead me to thinking that I had missed something along the way. however, it was actually not until I had updated a little further on to rails51/depot_i/test/controllers/carts_controller_test.rb that the error went away.