small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
30 Nov 2017, 18:17
Ryan Pool (8 posts)

Today I discovered I was inadvertently using version B6 of this book instead of P1. The beta versions had a change log included in the download but I do not see the same thing in version P1.

I’m near the end of Task G and I have issues I can’t identify just by comparing my code to the downloaded code. I’m hoping that a change log would help me identify what I’ve done wrong.

Thanks, Ryan

Dmfcb_pragsmall
30 Nov 2017, 21:05
David Copeland (487 posts)

I think the release had some large changes around using Rails 5.1 and Webpacker 2.0.

Also, Angular 5 breaks things in the book, but the book left the angular dependencies open, so you may need to lock angular to 4.x in your package.json.

If you are having a specific issue, let me know here and I’ll see if I can help

Generic-user-small
04 Dec 2017, 14:44
Ryan Pool (8 posts)

David,

Thanks for replying and sorry it’s taken me several days to get back. I spent some time going through this and found I had several problems going on at once that made it hard to track down the individual problems.

I had a problem where my cart was only showing up in the nav bar when I clicked ‘Add to Cart’. I was missing the ‘=’ in <%= render_if…

In my order model I had the “validates :pay_type, inclusion: pay_types.keys” above the enum definition, so pay_types.keys was unknown, and it took me a while to understand that was the problem not pay_type.keys vs pay_types.keys.

There was one other problem but I can’t actually remember what it was at this point.

I’m back on track now and working on Chapter 14.

Thanks

You must be logged in to comment