small medium large xlarge

Back to: All Forums  Modern Vim
Generic-user-small
07 Nov 2017, 23:30
Jan Vlčinský (2 posts)

I had installed Projectionist long time ago, but did not manage to learn enough about the promises seen in help - it seemed a bit too succinct.

Your Finding Files Semantically and other Projectionist related parts are great, the book is worth even it includes only these parts.

One of problems I had was, that commands :Emodel, :Eresource etc. were not known to neovim and I had no clue, what was going on.

Finally I have discovered, that my .projections.json was broken - one of keys (file name pattern) was present twice.

After reformatting the file, the duplication got removed and things started working.

I would propose to mention a hint: if things are not working with Projectionist, check the .projections.json files and start with linting. May be you have some other tricks for that.

Drewneil_pragsmall
15 Nov 2017, 14:16
Drew Neil (41 posts)

Your Finding Files Semantically and other Projectionist related parts are great, the book is worth even it includes only these parts.

Thanks! I love projectionist. I’m glad you enjoyed that part of the book.

Finally I have discovered, that my .projections.json was broken - one of keys (file name pattern) was present twice.

Ouch, that must have been frustrating.

Perhaps I could add a sidebar calling out the fact that Projectionist won’t report any errors with your JSON (it’ll just fail in a cryptic fashion). I could include a cross-reference to the tip about ALE, recommending a suitable linter for catching errors in your JSON. That way, when you open your .projections.json file, any duplicate keys would hopefully be caught by the linter.

Generic-user-small
20 Nov 2017, 07:44
Jan Vlčinský (2 posts)

That sounds great. Sometime the last mile of a solution must be made dust-free using proper linter.

You must be logged in to comment