small medium large xlarge

Back to: All Forums  Modern Vim
Portland_pragsmall
25 Nov 2017, 00:40
Brian Rutledge (1 post)

I’ve been using Vim’s built-in completion for awhile (albeit not to its full extent), but decided to take a look at some of the plugin options. The field is a little overwhelming, between language-specific plugins, frameworks like YouCompleteMe and deoplete, and now the Language Server protocol. Any plans to cover this in the book, or elsewhere?

Drewneil_pragsmall
25 Nov 2017, 11:13
Drew Neil (45 posts)

Thanks for asking. I agree that the options out there are a bit overwhelming! I have high hopes that the Language Server Protocol will simplify matters. I’m eager to write about LSP in Modern Vim, but I want to wait until the technology is a bit more mature. My plan is to cover LSP in a revised second edition of Modern Vim.

The bad news is that you’ll have to wait for it. But the good news is that all customers who purchased the ebook directly from PragProg will receive the update for free.

In the meantime, I’m going to discuss LSP in an appendix called “What’s next for Modern Vim?”. This appendix will be included in the next beta edition of the book, which is coming soon.

You must be logged in to comment