small medium large xlarge

Back to: All Forums  Podcast Series
Generic-user-small
22 Jan 2009, 02:11
wes johnson (2 posts)

Back on an older podcast (May 7th, 2008 - Pragmatic Publishing), Dave Thomas & Daniel Steinberg got to talking about passion, and how it can be difficult to learn programming without the inherent excitement. Dave mentioned that he’d like to smake an introductory programming book (which I imagine evolved into “Learn to Program” by Chris Pine) and Daniel responded that he’d like to do the same thing with Mathematics.

Have you looked into this idea further?

-wes

2d57728_pragsmall
15 Oct 2010, 16:27
Jean-François "Jeff" Héon (7 posts)

I’d like to link back to topic to Robert Martin’s interview.

Robert mentions the classic book Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs.

I began reading this book and although very interesting, the level of mathematics assumed is either passed what I learned or long-forgotten. I’d love a mathematics book who’d bring me up top speed to be able to fully enjoy this book. Then again, maybe I should just skip the mathematically-inclined exercises.

Foto perfil_pragsmall
11 Jul 2017, 14:30
Maria Garcia (1 post)

Thanks for the information!

Mat-pike-shoot-3_pragsmall
21 Jul 2017, 09:21
Jake Miller (2 posts)

It would be nice if such a book came out. Because indeed, some knowledge of mathematics has already been forgotten, some have not been studied. So earlier, when I had some gaps with trigonometry and functions, I was looking for information here. I think I would have liked this book. It is interesting to know the author’s thoughts on some topics.

Avatar_hipster_guy-512_pragsmall
05 Aug 2017, 04:51
odinsphere (1 post)

Yo mammmaaaaaa

You must be logged in to comment