small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
17 Mar 2009, 18:16
Michael Leonardi (9 posts)

I’ve been going through the core animation book and have a question. Is there a way to have two values change at the same time through keyframing? For example, I’d like an image to make and change scale at the same time. Thanks for any help.

Mike

Biopic_100x100_pragsmall
18 Mar 2009, 01:47
Bill Dudney (917 posts)

Hi Mike,

Yep, you can put two keyframe animations into an animation group.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that.

Generic-user-small
18 Mar 2009, 01:55

Thanks Bill. I think I figured out that part. The problem I’m running into now is when I try to add the Coregraphics framework. I get the following message:

Building target “SimpleMovement” of project “SimpleMovement” with configuration “Debug” — (1 error) cd /Developer/Examples/CoreAnimation/SimpleMovement setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.5 setenv PATH “/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin” /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator2.2.sdk -L/Developer/Examples/CoreAnimation/SimpleMovement/build/Debug-iphonesimulator -F/Developer/Examples/CoreAnimation/SimpleMovement/build/Debug-iphonesimulator -F/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks -filelist /Developer/Examples/CoreAnimation/SimpleMovement/build/SimpleMovement.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SimpleMovement.build/Objects-normal/i386/SimpleMovement.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework QuartzCore -framework CoreGraphics -o /Developer/Examples/CoreAnimation/SimpleMovement/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SimpleMovement.app/SimpleMovement ld: cannot link directly with /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/CoreGraphics. Link against the umbrella framework ‘ApplicationServices.framework’ instead. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status ld: cannot link directly with /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/CoreGraphics. Link against the umbrella framework ‘ApplicationServices.framework’ instead. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status Build failed (1 error)

I’ve looked at sample projects and they seem to include the same libraries. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Biopic_100x100_pragsmall
18 Mar 2009, 10:39
Bill Dudney (917 posts)

From the error stream it looks like you have somehow got the deployment targets set to 10.5 instead of iPhone OS 2.2.1.

Look in your project settings to see if you can find a place where that has been changed.

Good luck!

Generic-user-small
18 Mar 2009, 15:02

I tried to add the coregraphics framwork to the simplemotion app in the coregraphics chapter of the iphone book. I’ve tried adding it from the different directories with no luck. I’ll try some more when I get home tonight. Thanks for your help.

Generic-user-small
19 Mar 2009, 01:12

I got it working by rebuilding the project. I don’t know why, but when I try to extend the projects from the book, I can’t seem to add a framework without linking errors.

I have one more question that might be dumb. At the end of an animation, I would like the object to disappear. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks again for all your help and for writing such useful books!

You must be logged in to comment