small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
19 Apr 2008, 15:26
Michael Keith (4 posts)

hi there,

just a quick question regarding the TransitionView example (page 36 of the march 26 pdf).

you say: bq.”If you’d like to specify that as well you can do so with a similar line of code, just change the @”subviews” key with @”superview” and set the animations dictionary on the sub@view.”

based on that i would assume the following would be added:

self.beach.animations = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObject:[self animation] forKey:@"superview"];
	self.snow.animations = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObject:[self animation] forKey:@"superview"];

but this doesn’t appear to have any effect, so i assume i’m missing something.

what is the desired result? is it something like specifying kCATransitionPush instead of kCATransitionMoveIn for “subviews”?

cheers,

Mike

Biopic_100x100_pragsmall
21 May 2008, 13:41
Bill Dudney (917 posts)

Hi Mike,

First off sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

The code you supply is what I had in my example but I can’t get it to make a difference on 10.5.2. After digging around on the apple site and such to figure out what happened I think that they removed the functionality in one of the updates. The IB docs still talk about the ‘order in’ and ‘order out’ animations but view seems to no longer respect animations tied to ‘superview’. I’ve removed that bit from the book and started rerunning all my little samples for good measure :)

Thanks!

Generic-user-small
24 May 2008, 21:20
Michael Keith (4 posts)

No worries, Bill - I’m just glad it wasn’t my imagination! :)

Mike

You must be logged in to comment