small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
06 Aug 2008, 16:42
Pierce Freeman (12 posts)

I’m not sure about everyone else, but I would rather wait for Apple to lift the NDA, instead of just publishing it without the iPhone chapter.

Generic-user-small
07 Aug 2008, 14:54
Bill Garrison (1 post)

I disagree. You can’t predict when Apple will decide to lift the iPhone NDA. One would have thought that iPhone 3G release would have been a good time, but I guess not.

In the meantime, I could be writing Core Animation for OS X desktop applications right now and using this book (that I just purchased as a Beta PDF + paper combo).

iPhone, schmyPhone. The second edition can include the iPhone chapter.

Generic-user-small
07 Aug 2008, 17:02
Pierce Freeman (12 posts)

Yeah, I guess your right. How about this: They release the final version before the NDA lifts (without the iPhone chapter), and then they add the chapter into either the second edition, or a revised first one (if that makes sense) when the NDA lifts.

Generic-user-small
21 Aug 2008, 02:06
Josh Mauldin (3 posts)

What about having your iPhone chapter be an online bonus for first edition buyers and build it into the second edition? Everybody wins.

You must be logged in to comment