small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
26 Aug 2008, 05:08
Marcel Lanz (2 posts)

Hi, on the Cover the iPhone is prominently mentioned. I’ve bought the PDF/Book Combo and can’t find the iPhone more than three times mentioned in the PDF I’ve got. I thought I can find useful information about iPhone CA Development in this book ?

Biopic_100x100_pragsmall
26 Aug 2008, 09:50
Bill Dudney (917 posts)

Hi Marcel,

Apple’s NDA is still in place so we can’t publish the iPhone specific chapter. However you will find that 80%+ of what is in the book applies directly to what you do with CA in the SDK. The chapter on iPhone explains the 20% you can’t do and a few other specifics.

Calcite_pragsmall
26 Sep 2008, 21:03
Frederick C. Lee (22 posts)

I’m a bona fide (“Certified”) iPhone developer. I’m using your ‘Core Animation’ material + what Apple has provided to jury rig some sort of viable ‘thing’ on iPhone.

I’m having trouble managing layouts, specifically creating a customized layout manager with constraints (that aren’t supported by iPhone OS) and working with the ‘Struts & Springs’ paradigm.

In short, I don’t want to “Re-invent” the wheel to manage sub-layers.

Any ideas?

Biopic_100x100_pragsmall
26 Sep 2008, 21:30
Bill Dudney (917 posts)

Hi Frederick,

As frustrating as it is the reasons that kept us from publishing the book with the iPhone chapter also prevent me from responding to your question.

I’m really sorry and wish I had better news, as soon as the NDA lifts you will find the PDF on the pragprog site along with many many blog posts from me RE many topics just like this.

Good luck!

Calcite_pragsmall
01 Oct 2008, 22:53
Frederick C. Lee (22 posts)

I just receive note that »> APPLE DROPS NDA FOR RELEASED iPhone SOFTWARE «< Source: http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/10/01/apple-drops-nda-for-released-iphone-software/

I understand that unreleased software is still under NDA; I believe.

But the SDK has been RELEASED to developers.

If you could add information of iPhone ‘sub-layer management’/customized layout management (mimicking constraints, etc.) that would be great.

I’m looking forward to purchasing your book once you have expanded upon iPhone development.

Ric.

You must be logged in to comment