small medium large xlarge

Deep_pragsmall
08 Jan 2009, 14:37
Michael Patterson (2 posts)

Hello, I think that the deployment chapter is rather confusing. The reason I say this is because I can not seem to figure out where you apply the steps at.

For example, page 662 says to make a directory named “mkdir -p ~/git/depot.git”. I assume that this is applied to my VPS and not my local host correct? And if so, does the folder “~/git/” need to be your application folder or a seperate folder to store the depot.git?

I just need to know which steps are applied on local host or my VPS because some of the words make the steps rather vague. If some one can please outline the steps a little better for me I would very appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Samr_small_pragsmall
10 Jan 2009, 18:59
Sam Ruby (634 posts)

The sentence immediately above that line reads:

bq. The first step is to create an empty repository on a machine accessible by your deployment servers. In fact, if you only have one deployment server, there is no reason that it can’t do double duty as your git server. So, log onto that server and issue the following commands.

It seems to me that that is pretty clear as to which server these commands need to be issued on?

Deep_pragsmall
11 Jan 2009, 06:31
Michael Patterson (2 posts)

I am sorry that I obviously did not read correctly that day. I still can not figure out why my application does not fully get pushed, which is driving me crazy. I am sure it is something very simple that I am missing but thank you for your response.

You must be logged in to comment