small medium large xlarge

28555da_pragsmall
27 Apr 2009, 17:42
David Wilbur (49 posts)

this is more a general question about the forums i guess. but, here is where i have found it most needed.

is there a way to create… what in other forums are sometimes referred to as “sticky” topics that will always be the first listed in the forum?

the reason that i ask is that it might be useful to have the first topic in a forum be a sticky that has links to things like (for example, and relevant to this particular forum)… the link to the list of issues that will happen when your using something later then the book was checked against. (as in this: http://pragprog.wikidot.com/changes-in-rails-2-3) that way Sam and others don’t have to repeatedly mention that there is a page being maintained for that purpose and what the link to it is.

common issues that people stumble on…

etc…

Generic-user-small
29 Apr 2009, 02:47
Kedar Mhaswade (21 posts)

Fair enough.

But one suggestion I had was “search in a specific forum”. There is a search box, but it searches all the forums (i.e. all the books) and it’s not clear (to me, at least) how we can first search for similar queries and then post a question to forum when dissatisfied.

Am I the only one having difficulties with search?

You must be logged in to comment