small medium large xlarge

I_are_serious_cat_crop_pragsmall
23 Apr 2008, 23:30
Ivar Vasara (3 posts)

Just wondering if there are plans to offer an upgrade price for those of us who have purchased the 2nd edition ?

Dave_gnome_head_isolated_pragsmall
24 Apr 2008, 12:18
Dave Thomas (390 posts)

You’d be amazed how much work goes in to a new edition of a book. I estimate that the second edition actually took me more hours to write than the first. The third edition will be no easier.

We’d love to give the books away! —I’m passionate about Ruby, and love folks to know about it. But this is also how I pay my mortgage. Sam Ruby, who’s taking the lions share of the work on the third edition will be spending many hundreds of hours on it, and I feel he deserves to be compensated (even though it probably works out to be way less than he gets for his regular job…)

It’s a tough decision, but we honestly feel our books give value. When we stop feeling that, we’ll probably stop publishing.

Generic-user-small
24 Apr 2008, 13:22
Nicolas Blanco (3 posts)

Translation in 1 line : there won’t be any discount for those who purchased the 2nd edition :).

Eric j. gruber_pragsmall
24 Apr 2008, 18:25
Eric J. Gruber (10 posts)

Actually, that’s not true. If you purchased the second edition after March 9 (through Pragmatic), you qualify for a coupon.

I just bought the PDF and can’t wait to immerse myself into the book. I think $24 for a beta is awesome. Keep up the great work guys.

You must be logged in to comment