small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
09 May 2008, 10:43
Karsten Wilke (3 posts)

Hi can someone tell me how pagination will be handled in the third edition? i looked into the samples but there was still the deprecated code in there.

Samr_small_pragsmall
09 May 2008, 14:02
Sam Ruby (634 posts)

I’m not sure yet. My primary goal is to cover Rails 2.0, and how to find plugins, not to cover any specific plugin. But I am prepared to be convinced otherwise…

Dave_gnome_head_isolated_pragsmall
09 May 2008, 17:17
Dave Thomas (390 posts)

will_paginate seems to be the definite winner in this area, and it’s easy to use…

Generic-user-small
22 May 2008, 09:02
Shaun McDonald (3 posts)

Pagination is something that almost every web app needs to do, thus it would be a good thing to include it.

M_v_shokhirev_pragsmall
19 Jul 2008, 16:30
Mikhail V. Shokhirev (a.k.a. Mike Shock) (19 posts)

The extension of RoR with plugins may be shown by the ‘will_paginate’ as an example, because pagination is a VERY common task…

Generic-user-small
21 Jul 2008, 02:05
James West (104 posts)

Thanks for the responses. I’m using Rails 2.1 and the pagination that used to be in Rails has been deprecated to a plug in called classic pagination (I’m sure you peeps are already aware of this) and I would love to see “How it should be done now” section.

I think this would be appropriate when looking at the products display.

I think as has been pointed out, that pretty much every app needs pagination and I am looking at how SCOPE’ing works and how pagination fits in with this and it would be a huge help if the basics were covered in the book.

Thanks

You must be logged in to comment