small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
15 May 2008, 06:59
Aditya Sanghi (4 posts)

Hi Guys,

I’m ready to pay and upgrade my book now if you can confirm that it will cover all features of Rails 2.1 which is on the cusp of release.

Cheers, Aditya

Samr_small_pragsmall
15 May 2008, 09:42
Sam Ruby (634 posts)

Yes.

The intent is to cover the current release at the time of publication, and publication is currently targeted for October. I’m currently testing the examples in the book against rails 2.202 and against rails edge. I’ve seen edge break (that’s not unexpected, as it after all is edge) so I can’t guarantee that it always will work against edge, but it should.

Generic-user-small
15 May 2008, 14:31
pablo flores (7 posts)

Sam, is there a way of knowing what’s a new feature of rails 2.x or what is working differently? I just cant tell very much, and it would help me.

Keep up the good work.

Generic-user-small
15 May 2008, 14:44
pablo flores (7 posts)

also, “sexy migrations” do not seem to be covered although in the latest update from yesterday it mentions that the migration chapter has been updated to RoR 2.0. Comments?

Samr_small_pragsmall
15 May 2008, 15:27
Sam Ruby (634 posts)

I’m updating the book in multiple passes. The first pass at updating the book is focused mainly on getting the examples and advice to work at all with Rails 2.0. That’s turned out to be a bigger challenge than I expected. That being said, migrations that create tables have been updated to use the new syntax built into the core of Rails 2.0. “sexy migrations” is a plugin, and that represents a possible candidate for a third pass.

You must be logged in to comment