small medium large xlarge

Yo_duotono_72_2_pragsmall
07 Jul 2010, 23:45
manuelgonzalez (4 posts)

Hi,

First things first: What I did and what I got

After create the say controller, add the hello method and put the hello.html.erb file in the specified folder, I go to the browser, reload the page and get this error message:

We’re sorry, but something went wrong. We’ve been notified about this issue and we’ll take a look at it shortly.

Second: the server message

This is the message from the server: /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/handler/webrick.rb:14:in run' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/commands/server.rb:111 /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in gem_original_require’ /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require’ script/server:3

Last: my setup rails -v Rails 2.3.8

gem -v 1.3.6

ruby -v ruby 1.8.7 (2010-01-10 patchlevel 249) [x86_64-linux]

Any help?

Thanks in advance to all of you.

Yo_duotono_72_2_pragsmall
10 Jul 2010, 06:08
manuelgonzalez (4 posts)

Ok,

I googled the problem and after some research I found that the database.yml pointed to a sqlite3 database. I hadn’t installed neither sqlite3.x nor sqlite-ruby gem, but I did install the mysql and mysql gem, so I had two lines of action: A. The easy way: Install sqlite3.x and the sqlite-ruby gem B. The easiest way: change the database.yml

So I took the easy way because the book use sqlite and because I thing it wont hurt anything.

Now I can see the Hello world output and go on.

Thanks anyway.

You must be logged in to comment