Hi. This is not book specifics but as there are several high quality professionals in this forums, I´d like to hear some opinions regarding client-side MVC frameworks.
It´s yet a relatively new topic, but I think client-side mvc frwrks are catching up. To name a few:
- SproutCore: http://www.sproutcore.com/
- TrimPath Junction: http://code.google.com/p/trimpath/wiki/TrimJunction
- Axiom Stack: http://www.axiomstack.com/
- Archetype : http://archetypejs.org/
And now comes the doubts:
- Is it really a good idea to use mvc pattern in the client-side?
- If so, mixing directory structure from some client-side frwrk with RoR will be very confusing
- Maybe the best thing is wait until RoR integrate some of this frwrks?
I´d like to hear some personal opinions in this suject.