small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
26 Nov 2008, 02:59
Christopher Roach (7 posts)

Hi Daniel,

Quick question. Do you or anyone else at Pragmatic know if this book will provide any coverage on creating Interface Builder 3 Plug-ins. It seems that with the new IB they “upgraded” the way we add custom controls to IB, previously this had been done with palettes, but now they are using plug-ins. The problem is that no one seems to know how to do it. I’ve tried the ADC documentation on the topic and it seems to be either wrong or just missing some info (which seems to be the consensus across the web), and I’ve tried the mailing lists and there seems to be no one out there who has been able to figure how to create a simple IB plug-in and embed it into a framework to release to other developers. So, I was wondering if perhaps this book would deal with that topic at all.

Thanks for the help.

Daniel_pragsmall
08 Nov 2008, 22:05
Daniel H Steinberg (98 posts)

Thanks Christopher,

That wouldn’t be a topic for this book. There is a book I’d love to see us do that would include this as a topic.

D

Generic-user-small
26 Nov 2008, 02:55
Christopher Roach (7 posts)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry to hear that the topic I’m interested in won’t be covered though. I am interested in hearing about the book that you’d love to see Pragmatic publish. I’ve been working on a Cocoa-based framework to allow developers to create Multi-Agent Simulations and so I would love to read (or, perhaps even help out with) a book that covered some of the more advanced Xcode/IB/Cocoa topics such as frameworks and IB plug-ins. If you wouldn’t mind sharing the book idea with us, I’d be very interested in hearing about it.

Thanks again for the reply.

Christopher

Daniel_pragsmall
27 Nov 2008, 01:22
Daniel H Steinberg (98 posts)

Christopher,

Contact me off list at daniel@ and let’s talk about your idea for a book.

D

You must be logged in to comment