small medium large xlarge

Photo_37_pragsmall
01 Dec 2008, 10:20
Steve Ehrenberg (2 posts)

Anyone else have problems with the SimpleBrowser project crashing? I just finished chapter 5 so I’m technically ‘done’ with the SimpleBrowser now, but I’m curious as to how I would debug and fix this in a real project. One site I found ALWAYS crashed the browser was digg.com .. Any ideas/suggestions?

Daniel_pragsmall
03 Dec 2008, 14:47
Daniel H Steinberg (98 posts)

Steve,

I’d love to hear what the problem is. I’ve just checked the final version of SimpleBrowser on the digg site and it runs fine here. I’m not saying there isn’t a problem. I’m saying I’m not able to see it. Please post more when you know more. I assume digg works fine in Safari from where you are.

D

Johnjoyce_halo_pragsmall
04 Dec 2008, 18:54
John Joyce (9 posts)

make sure your software is up to date, and check for 3rd party plugins. The browser you’re building is still largely just using the webkit frameworks which are frequently updated by Safari updates. 3rd party plugins that are out of date or incompatible could easily cause issues.

If you’re really crashing with any project and you can rule out other causes like these, then you need to begin using the debugger. Make sure nothing is being released early. NSLog is your pal. a built app will place NSLog lines directly into system.log debugging is sometimes stupidly painful to find you made a silly mistake or a typo. these things can be hard to locate and just take diligence and breaks.

Profilebw200px_pragsmall
27 Feb 2009, 04:20
Turki Shahel (1 post)

the only problem I’m having is when I run the app in IB, it doesn’t work ( buttons not working as they should, when pressing enter after typing a url nothing happens),but when I do build and go in Xcode everything works fine. does anyone know what could be the problem?

Image_pragsmall
17 May 2009, 18:35
Mark Boszko (4 posts)

Turki Shahel said:

bq. the only problem I’m having is when I run the app in IB, it doesn’t work ( buttons not working as they should, when pressing enter after typing a url nothing happens),but when I do build and go in Xcode everything works fine. does anyone know what could be the problem?

Seems like it works as expected. If by “run the app in IB,” you mean “Simulate Interface,” it would not be expected to work as a complete app once you have code in Xcode running part of the show.

You must be logged in to comment