small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
18 May 2010, 02:04
Eric Schwartz (5 posts)

I’m at the end of Chapter 14, and instead of seeing my ActivityView showing up in my MainWindow nib when the application runs, I get a completely empty window. Not, I should emphasize, a window with an empty ActivityView, but the application window is completely empty.

I’m 100% sure this is my fault– the example code compiles correctly, which is a pretty big indication I goofed somewhere– but I’m at a loss as to how to find my mistake. I have compared my source code to the example source, and it appears to match the example code, so my guess is I didn’t hook up something right in a nib somewhere. Unfortunately, since they’re just huge blocks of unreadable XML, there’s no way (that I know of) to diff the two nibs and see what’s different between them, so I don’t know how to tell if I’ve made a mistake there or not.

Generic-user-small
19 May 2010, 01:22
Eric Schwartz (5 posts)

hrm, it seems my @ActivityController@’s view is now NULL. I checked the @ActivityView.xib@ and the File Owner in there is set to @ActivityController@, so I’m not sure why I’m getting null for @self.ac.view@ (in @MyWindowController#setupView@)

I did verify that the @ActivityController@’s view outlet is set to the custom view in @ActivityView.xib@

Generic-user-small
21 May 2010, 02:04
Eric Schwartz (5 posts)

Le sigh. I had forgotten to connect the window outlet of MyWindowController to the window in IB. There’s got to be a better way to debug this than to just go around right-clicking on everything and wondering if it’s significant or not, surely?

You must be logged in to comment