small medium large xlarge

Back to: All Forums  Core Data
Me_at_euruko08_square_-_head_only_pragsmall
01 Jan 2009, 01:43
Dr Nic (9 posts)

When attempting to migrate between v1 and v2, I get “Can’t merge models with two different entities named ‘Recipe’ (RuntimeError)” errors. I’ve completed all the changes upto page 50 (pdf b2); though the same error appears even after I’d just created the 2nd model version and assigned it as current.

I am doing the exercises with MacRuby. My -persistentStoreCoordinator method looks like http//gist.github.com/42172 after I added the non-nil options variable. But I got the error above both before and after this change too.

Thoughts on the cause of the error?

01 Jan 2009, 01:48
Dr Nic (9 posts)

“Screenshot of Xcode with model versions + mapping”:http://skitch.com/drnic/97j1/is-this-correct-for-versioned-models

01 Jan 2009, 18:35
Marcus S. Zarra (284 posts)

Check your target. I suspect that you have the two models in there but not the datamodeld which tells the app to treat those two models as two versions instead of two different models. If you take a screenshot of your target fully expanded I can get a better look.

Me_pragsmall
01 Jan 2009, 19:52
C.A. (6 posts)

doing a “Build -> Clean All” fixed this problem for me.

01 Jan 2009, 20:57
Dr Nic (9 posts)

@CA - thx, the Clean All returned me to Figure 6.2

13 Jan 2009, 21:54
Marcus S. Zarra (284 posts)

In the process of editing the book, some of the samples got out of sync as well. This will be cleaned up in the next beta.

Shogododo.twitter.image_pragsmall
16 Oct 2009, 09:48
Ian Dodd (3 posts)

After doing a Build -> Clean all the above error was then replaced by “Persistent store migration failed, missing mapping model.”

I have a mapping model which is visible in the target (in compiled sources).

Any clues why I would be getting this ?

Cheers Ian.

You must be logged in to comment