small medium large xlarge

Back to: All Forums  Core Data
18 Apr 2009, 18:45
Michael L. Ward (2 posts)

I keep re-reading Chapter 2 trying to figure this out… We’ve built our Recipes app. By the end of Chapter 2 it builds fine and one can add and delete recipes. One thing I cannot do, however, is set the recipe type for a recipe. There aren’t any types defined! The content of the Types popup button is not user-editable, so we need to initialize the @typeArrayController@ with instances of our desired @Type@ entity. How would we go about doing that?

Thanks so much, ~Mikey

19 Apr 2009, 20:23
Marcus S. Zarra (284 posts)

The defined types are actually discussed in Under The Hood. I agree that this is a bit of a disconnect. Need to look at a clean way of cleaning that up without diving too deep in the early chapters.

21 Apr 2009, 03:27
Michael L. Ward (2 posts)

I think an acknowledgement in Chapter 3: “Note that the Type pop-up is not yet populated with our type choices. This will be covered in the next chapter” would suffice. Or maybe it’s already there and I fail at reading. :)

27 Jul 2009, 06:20
Marcus S. Zarra (284 posts)

The text in Chapter 2 has been updated. I changed this over to a @NSComboBox@ that can be manually set in Chapter 2 and then dynamically linked later in Chapter 4. Best of both worlds.

Even the Vegans can now add the selections they wish in chapter 2 :)

You must be logged in to comment