small medium large xlarge

Back to: All Forums  Core Data
Paul54729_pragsmall
16 Jun 2010, 18:07
Paul Johnson (21 posts)

In the downloads, GrokkingRecipes_v3 folder contains the GrokkingRecipes project after the migration code has been added for version 3 of the data model. The application bundle that is built contains two copies of v2.xcdatamodel. One of them is in the Resources/DataModel.momd/ folder where it should be, but the second one is in Resources/. The latter one exists because the Target box is checked for v2.xcdatamodel.

I’m assuming that the Target box should not be checked. Can anyone confirm this?

16 Jun 2010, 23:59
Marcus S. Zarra (284 posts)

Are you using a centralized build directory by chance?

Also, did you confirm that the file exists after a clean build?

Paul54729_pragsmall
17 Jun 2010, 03:04
Paul Johnson (21 posts)

If by “centralized build directory” you mean a common Build directory for more than one project, then the answer is no I’m not. I simply downloaded the zip file from pragprom.com, uncompressed it and copied GrokkingRecipes_v3/ to my desktop. Then I just double-clicked on the project file and did a Run to generate the app. You should see that v2.xcdatamodel has the Target box checked. I don’t think it should be.

I’ve done a clean build and I’ve even manually deleted the Build folder.

17 Jun 2010, 16:37
Marcus S. Zarra (284 posts)

I will look into it and see what is going on. In the meantime, what happens when you remove that checkmark?

Paul54729_pragsmall
17 Jun 2010, 17:15
Paul Johnson (21 posts)

When I remove the checkmark the duplicate copy of v2.xcdatamodel disappears. So, I assume it shouldn’t be checked in the code as downloaded.

You must be logged in to comment