small medium large xlarge

Back to: All Forums  Core Data
Generic-user-small
19 Jun 2010, 17:30
Brian Brackeen (2 posts)

Sorry to bother, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why my recipes are not saving. I checked the datbase ‘storedata’ and it is zero kb on disc, so I am assuming that the recipies are not saving. The application on start is not loading anything so that made me check the database to see if the data was actually there. Can someone give me a hint of something to check?

Paul54729_pragsmall
20 Jun 2010, 01:06
Paul Johnson (21 posts)

At what point are you in the program development? (I’ve been successful through version 3 of the data model.)

Generic-user-small
20 Jun 2010, 12:48
Brian Brackeen (2 posts)

I just completed chapter two and everything is working as far as I can tell. The image is saved the adding a new recipe works on the interface, but when I check the database ( assuming I am looking in the right place ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/GrokkingRecipies/storedata the file is 0KB on disc and when the application starts no previous recipes are loaded. So I am assuming that the newly added recipes are not being saved.

I am going to start over and do it again, see if perhaps I missed something.

Paul54729_pragsmall
20 Jun 2010, 13:38
Paul Johnson (21 posts)

~/Library/Application Support/GrokkingRecipes/storedata is correct. Did you do a “Save”? (I renamed my storedata file and ran the program. A 0-length file is created but when I did a Save I see a size of 4kB.)

You must be logged in to comment