small medium large xlarge

Back to: All Forums  Core Data
Generic-user-small
02 Aug 2011, 20:51
William L. Chapman (2 posts)

First off, let me say I love the Core Data book. The back-and-forth between examples, code and explanations of the core data concepts seems optimum, at least to this learner.

While playing around with the Grokking Recipes example, I tried dragging an NSTableCellView onto the recipe list table in the upper-right of the application. The new NSTableCellViews have built-in textfields and imageViews. It should be a relatively easy process to bind the textfield and the imageView of the NSTableCellView to the appropriate model to get a TableView that has the recipe image and title. It is proving more difficult than I thought.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

drag an NSTableCellView onto the TableView bind the TableView’s content to Recipes with the arrangedObject controller key. bind the textView value in the NSTableCellView to the TableCellView using the model key path objectValue.name bind the imageView valuePath in the NSTableCellView to the TableCellView using the model key path objectValue.imagePath

This doesn’t seem to work.

Anyone see what I’ve missed?

Thanks!

Bildschirmfoto_2010-07-23_um_10.24.25_reasonably_small_pragsmall
16 Aug 2011, 19:56
Andre from SpicyApps (2 posts)

Hi William,

I’ve worked with NSTableCellView too. Your description seems pretty much complete.

Have you set all identifiers to automatic ?

Here is a working modified version of GrokkingRecipes_v2 with NSTableCellView.

http://s.spicyapps.com/nIAF77

Andrew from Spicy Apps

Generic-user-small
29 Aug 2011, 10:42
Maurice Kelly (1 post)

Thanks Andre,

Your line “Have you set all identifiers to automatics?” was exactly what I needed to check in my own project.

Many thanks,

Maurice

Bildschirmfoto_2010-07-23_um_10.24.25_reasonably_small_pragsmall
14 Sep 2011, 17:04
Andre from SpicyApps (2 posts)

Hello all NSTableCellView users,

I put up a screencast about this:

http://s.spicyapps.com/nWKRiP

• Describes how to bind a NSTableCellView in a Core Data Application using Xcode 4.1.
  • No code writing involved.
You must be logged in to comment